Dance In His Name
“Let them praise His name in the dance: let them sing praises unto Him with the timbrel and harp.”
EVENT DAY DETAILS
- Teams will arrive at the designated “call time” only to check in for the dance competition.
- The Team Leader / Contact Person will need to check in at the front desk to pick up their DIHN packet and to get further instructions on the flow of the day.
- After all teams have checked in, teams will gather in the front of the theater for a brief overview and summary. Teams will also be made aware of their sequence in the showcase
- All teams will be seated together in a special section at the front of the theater during the competition
- The doors to the venue will open to the public at least 30 minutes prior to the event start time
- Cameras are not allowed in the dressing rooms or theater area.
- For the sake of time, teams should already be dressed for the event when they arrive to the facility, if at all possible
- Food and drink are not allowed in the theater or dressing rooms
- Applause and cheering are welcomed and encouraged. Please be respectful and supportive of the dancers and understand that any excessively loud talking or cheering can distract the dancers and judges
Backstage / Performance Area
- A DIHN Representative will escort teams to and from the performance stage prior to their performance time
- All props used during your performance must be removed from the stage immediately after your performance by someone from your performance team
- After your performance, teams will be seated out front to watch the remaining teams
- “DIHN” is not responsible for any items left in the theater or dressing rooms. When possible, lost items will be left with the venue lost and found
- 1st, 2nd and 3rd place teams will enter the stage area to receive their trophy and take a picture after their team name is called
- At the conclusion of the event, all teams will take the stage for a group picture
End of the Event
- Teams will need to pick up their music directly from the sound booth after the event competition
- Please make sure all items and props have been removed from the facility
- Judges scoring sheets will be available to the Praise Dance Team Leader, upon request and will be emailed within 1- 3 business days of the event